Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga vs. Furman
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Feb. 14, 2013
- The Mocs posted an 83-49 win over Furman in Southern Conference action tonight...UTC has won three of its last four to improve to 11-15 overall and 6-7 in league play. Furman drops to 6-18 overall and 3-10 in the SoCon.
- Tonight's 34-point win is the biggest in a SoCon game since posting a 93-59 win over East Tennessee State on Jan. 22, 2005, in head coach John Shulman's first year.
- 12 of the 13 Mocs that played tonight scored.
- The Mocs 39-27 halftime lead was its largest against a SoCon opponent this season.
- UTC's 21 assists are the most against a Division I opponent this season.
- Chattanooga forced 20 turnovers tonight...most against a DI opponent this season...scored 21 points off turnovers, compared to just nine for the Paladins.
- The Mocs' 11 steals ties for the most against a DI opponent...fourth game this season with 10+ steals...first since 11 against Appalachian State on Jan. 17.
- Mocs dominated the glass 48-32...18-4 on the offensive end and 16-5 in second chance points...most boards since getting 48 against Utah Valley on Dec. 29.
- Chattanooga is +37 in rebounding last two games combined.
- 16 fast break points are UTC's most against a DI opponent...only second time this season in double figures.
- Mocs bench scored 41 points tonight...most against a DI opponent this season.
- Only the second wire-to-wire win of the season for UTC...first against a DI opponent.
- Furman made the first basket of the second half to cut the lead to 39-29 with 19:19 on the clock, but that was as close as they would get...UTC's largest lead was 83-46 with 45 second left in the game.
- Mocs had just 11 turnovers in the game...UTC has had 11 or less in four of the last five games.
Farad Cobb (Fr. - G)
- 12 points in 18 minutes off the bench
- First game in double-figures since scoring 16 at Samford on Jan. 5.
- 5th game in double-figures.
- Shot 5-9 from the field, 2-4 from 3-pt. range.
- Game-high and career-high six assists...ties for the most by a Moc this season.
- Added three boards and two steals.
Gee McGhee (Fr. - G)
- 16 points on 6-10 shooting, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 2-3 from the FT line.
- 8th straight game in double-figures...17th this season.
Eric Robertson (Fr. - G)
- Career-high 14 points in 17 minutes off the bench.
- Second game in double-figures.
- Shot 6-11 from the field, 2-5 from 3-pt. range.
- Tied a season-high with four boards.