Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
No. 8 Georgia Southern vs. No. 1 Chattanooga
Southern Conference Tournament
Kimmel Arena - Asheville, N.C.
Saturday - March 9, 2013
- The Lady Mocs advance to the semifinals of the Southern Conference Tournament for the eighth straight year with a 78-53 win over eighth-seeded Georgia Southern today.
- Lady Mocs improve to 27-3 overall...UTC reaches 27 wins for the fourth time in the Wes Moore era (15th season).
- Lady Mocs used an 18-4 run to open second half and take control of the game.
- 11-23 (47.8%) from 3-pt. range...fifth time this season with 10+ 3-pt. FGs...tied for second-most this season...most since a season-high 13 at St. Mary's on Nov. 24.
- Forced Georgia Southern into 15 turnovers, converting 19 points off turnovers.
- UTC got 33 points off its bench tonight...eight from Georgia Southern.
- Lady Mocs had four players with three or more assists...19 total in the game.
Alex Black (Jr. - G)
- Team-high 13 points...one shy of a season-high.
- Shot 5-8 from the field, 3-5 from 3-pt. range.
- Tied a career-high with three threes.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- 12 points on 4-8 shooting, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- Added three assists and no turnovers in 25 minutes.
- Topped 1,300 career points in the game...now has 1,307.
Faith Dupree (Jr. - F)
- 12 points in 16 minutes off the bench.
- Shot 6-9 from the field.
- Sixth game in double figures.
- Missed 12 games, including all three of UTC's losses, with an injury.
- 355-112 (15th Year at UTC)...29-6 in the SoCon Tournament.
- 555-168 (24th Year Overall).