The Spartans (12-5, 6-2 SoCon) started out winning two of the three doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead heading into singles play. The Lady Mocs fall to 6-13 overall and 2-6 in league play.
In singles play, Emily Hangstefer won her first set at No. 2 by a 6-4 margin but dropped the second to Behr 6-3. In a tiebreaker, Behr claimed the win at 11-9. Green moved up to play the fourth spot and stretched her match to a marathon falling 6-4, 7-6(4) to Cloer.
UNC Greensboro’s Guerra posted a 6-3, 6-0 win over Singh at the No. 1 spot and Bossy fell 6-0, 6-3 to VonStrolley at No. 3. Dougherty defeated Brianna Wishing 6-1, 6-0 at No. 5 and Eblen beat Kate Ksiezopolski 6-4, 6-4 at No. 6.
The Lady Mocs will close out the home portion of the schedule on Tuesday, April 14 when they host Tennessee Wesleyan. The match was added to the schedule midway through the season after the Lady Mocs were forced to cancel matches with UAB and
1. Alejandra Guerra (UNCG) def. Shaina Singh (UTC-W) 6-3, 6-0
2. Valerie Behr (UNCG) def. Emily Hangstefer (UTC-W) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Arielle VonStrolley (UNCG) def. Charlotte Bossy (UTC-W) 6-0, 6-3
4. Britney Cloer (UNCG) def. Annie Green (UTC-W) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
5. Lucy Dougherty (UNCG) def. Brianna Wishing (UTC-W) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jessica Eblen (UNCG) def. Kate Ksiezopolski (UTC-W) 6-4, 6-4
1. Alejandra Guerra/Arielle VonStrolley (UNCG) def. Emily Hangstefer/Grace Robinette (UTC-W) 8-1
2. Valerie Behr/Lucy Dougherty (UNCG) def. Annie Green/J. van der Veek (UTC-W) 8-3
3. Charlotte Bossy/Shaina Singh (UTC-W) def. Britney Cloer/Jessica Eblen (UNCG) 8-6