CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. --- The Chattanooga Mocs just completed Day Five of fall football camp. To celebrate, they'll practice twice on Wednesday for the first two-a-day thus far.
Two-a-days used to be a staple of fall practice throughout the country. Now schools start camps earlier to avoid the necessity of practicing twice in a day. UTC has three such days, Wednesday (Aug. 8), Friday (Aug. 10) and Tuesday (Aug. 14).
The morning session starts at 7:45 a.m., while the evening will kick off at 6:45 p.m. The Mocs continue preparation for the September 1 opener at USF at the Murphy-Haugerud Practice Complex at Scrappy Moore Field.
- Tuesday's practice was the first in full pads for Chattanooga.
- Former Mocs student-athlete Jordan Tippit (Huntsville, Ala.) is going to be quite visible this fall. He is planning to join the Friday Night Football show on WRCB-TV, Channel 3, the NBC affiliate in Chattanooga offering analysis both at game sites and in studio. Tippit was a UTC safety from 2009-12 graduating May 2012.
- The "Mocs Meal Deal" season ticket package is available through Tuesday, August 13 for only $75. It includes tickets to all 5 home games as well as a meal voucher for each game. You can purchase yours today at GoMocs.com or by calling 266-MOCS (6627). Games include Glenville State (Thursday, Sept. 13), Appalachian State (Sept. 22), Samford (Oct. 20), Georgia Southern (Oct. 27) and Elon (Nov. 17). Single-game tickets go on sale August 23.
- UTC Night at the Lookouts is Thursday, August 16, at AT&T Field. The UTC Mocs Club is sponsoring a cookout which starts at 5:30 p.m., with first pitch at 7:15 p.m. Cost is $18 and includes a game ticket with the meal. RSVP is required for the BBQ. For more information, contact Caleb Whitted at 425-4773.
- Fans can pick up their football season tickets outside the AT&T Field main box office that evening as well. Each season ticket account receives two free general admission tickets for the game that night. Anyone wearing Blue & Gold can buy a GA ticket at the discounted price of $3 at the box office.
- Meet the Mocs presented by Blood Assurance is Saturday, August 18, at Finley Stadium. An autograph session is slated for 1 p.m., in the First Tennessee Pavilion with practice at 2:30 p.m. There is a UTC Mocs Club BBQ at 5 p.m., back in the pavilion. The cost for the BBQ is $15 for adults and $10 for children. RSVP is also requested for this event. For more information, contact Caleb Whitted at 425-4773.
- Fans not picking up season tickets at UTC Night at the Lookouts nor Meet the Mocs presented by Blood Assurance will receive them by mail.
GoMocs.com is the official website of the Chattanooga Mocs. The Mocs can also be followed on their official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ChattanoogaMocs, or on Twitter, www.twitter.com/GoMocs. Find out how to join the UTC Mocs Club and support more than 300 student-athletes by clicking here.