Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball
Furman at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Dec. 1, 2012
- The Lady Mocs improve to 6-1 overall and 2-0 in SoCon play with an 83-40 win over Furman. The Paladins drop to 3-3 and 0-1 in league play.
- The Lady Mocs have won 17-straight at home...their last loss was a 57-56 defeat to Appalachian State on Feb. 14, 2011, the final home game of the 2010-11 season.
- Chattanooga is off to its best start since winning six of its first seven in the 2002-03 season.
- UTC is 23-1 in the last 24 games against Furman.
- 43-point win is the biggest for UTC since a 44-point win (82-38) at Furman on Dec. 9, 2008...third 30+ point win of the season for UTC.
- Chattanooga shot 55.9% (33-59) from the field...best shooting night since hitting 61.1% (33-54) vs. Georgia Southern on Dec. 4, 2010.
- Leading 44-28 at the break, the Lady Mocs used a 15-0 run to start the second half to take control of the game...Chattanooga only allowed 12 points in the second half.
- UTC tied a season-high with 18 assists tonight.
- Lady Mocs had a season-high six blocks in the game.
- UTC got 26 points off the bench compared to six from Furman's reserves.
- Furman scored a season-low 40 points, shot a season low 23.6% (13-55) from the field and committed a season-high 21 turnovers.
Alex Black (Jr. - G)
- Tied a season-high with 14 points.
- Shot 6-8 from the field, 2-3 from 3-pt. range.
- Most FGs made this season.
- Career-high three steals.
Kayla Christopher (Jr. - G)
- 12 points on 5-9 shooting, 1-3 from 3-pt. range and 1-2 from the FT line.
- Added two assists and two steals.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- Game-high 21 points on 9-13 shooting, 3-3 from the FT line.
- Added seven boards.
- Second-straight game with 20+ points...third in last four.
- 21-35 from the field last two games.
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- Career-high and game-high seven assists.
- Second-straight game with 5+ assists...third this season.
- Added four points, eight boards, two blocks and two steals.
Wes Moore (Head Coach - 15th Season)
- 535-166 (24th year overall)
- 335-110 (at UTC)