Chattanooga Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
UNCG at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Feb. 11, 2012
- The Mocs dropped a 77-76 home game to UNCG tonight. UTC falls to 10-17 on the season and 4-10 in SoCon action. The Spartans improve to 11-15 overall and 9-5 in SoCon play.
- UNCG's Derrell Armstrong hit a driving layup with 16 seconds left on the clock to give the Spartans a 77-76 lead.
- Chattanooga had two contested looks in its final possession...Keegan Bell's three at the buzzer was partially blocked by David Williams.
- The Mocs were 24-30 from the foul line tonight...second most FTs made in a game this season.
- UNCG shot 12-25 (48.0%) from 3-pt. range tonight...its best percentage in a SoCon game this season.
- Of Chattanooga's 10 losses in SoCon action, five have been by six points or less...three have been by one point.
- The Mocs trailed by as many as 10 in the second half before making a comeback to take a four-point lead (74-70) with 1:39 on the clock.
- Chattanooga had four starters score in double-figures for the first time since the Tennessee game on Jan. 2.
- Tonight's attendance of 5,166 is a season-high.
Senior Jahmal Burroughs
- 10 points and a game-high 2 rebounds.
- First career double-double.
- Shot 1-4 from the field and 8-9 from the FT line.
- Has 21 points and 20 rebounds in two games back after missing three with a hamstring injury.
- Career-high 30 minutes.
- FTs made and attempted were career-highs.
Senior Ricky Taylor
- 12 points on 5-11 shooting, 2-2 from the FT line.
- 21st game in double figures this season...66th of his career.
Senior Omar Wattad
- 15 points on 3-13 shooting, 2-7 from 3-pt. range and 7-7 from the FT line.
- 17th game in double-figures...38th of his career.
- Career-high two blocks...had four in his previous 56 games at UTC.
- Added three boards and three assists.
Junior Drazen Zlovaric
- Team-high and career-high 22 points.
- 17th game in double-figures...first with 20+ points
- Shot 11-15 from the field.
- Added seven rebounds.
- Career-highs for FGs made and attempted.