Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at The Citadel
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Feb. 18, 2012
- Chattanooga falls to 10-19 on the year, 4-12 in the SoCon, following tonight's 48-46 loss to The Citadel. The Bulldogs snap an 11-game losing streak, improving to 5-22 overall and 2-14 in league action.
- This is the 11th loss this season by nine points or less...eighth by three points or less.
- UTC is 54-16 all-time against The Citadel... 28-6 in Chattanooga...8-2 under Shulman.
- Each of the last six games of the series have been decided by eight points or less.
- This is The Citadel's first win in Chattanooga since a 61-60 victory on Feb. 10, 2001...UTC had won the last six home in the series.
- The Citadel scored eight points in the first 13 minutes of the second half...had 15 in the final seven minutes.
- UTC led 43-36 following a Dontay Hampton three-pointer at the 5:50 mark...The Citadel closed on a 12-3 run to end the game.
- UTC went 1-8 from the field, 0-3 from 3-pt. range and 1-4 from the FT line in the final 5:20 of action.
- UTC was 17-53 (32.1%) from the field...its worst shooting night since going 17-63 (27.0%) at Indiana in the season opener.
- The Mocs tied a season-low with only eight turnovers.
Senior Keegan Bell
- Game-high six assists.
- 179 assists is No. 5 on the Mocs' single-season list.
- Extends his UTC career record to 520.
Senior Jahmal Burroughs
- Team-high seven rebounds.
- Added seven points on 3-5 shooting, 1-4 from the FT line.
Junior Dontay Hampton
- 12 points on 4-7 shooting, 2-3 from 3-pt. range and 2-3 from the FT line.
- 10th game in double figures this season.
- 29 points last two games.
Senior Drazen Zlovaric
- 11 points on 4-6 shooting, 3-4 from the FT line.
- Added six rebounds.