Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Furman
Timmons Arena - Greenville, S.C. - Feb. 23, 2012
- Chattanooga lost 65-55 at Furman in Southern Conference play...UTC is now 10-20, 4-13 in the league, while the Paladins are 14-14 and 7-10.
- Mocs now lead the series 47-27 in the 74th meeting between the two teams...UTC holds 41-22 advantage in regular-season conference meetings and is 16-20 overall in Greenville.
- Head Coach John Shulman is 131-126 in his eighth season...he is now 4-9 vs. Furman.
- Furman out-rebounded the Mocs 43-33 on the night including 13 on the offensive end...despite the 13 rebounds on the offensive end amounted to 11 points.
- Chattanooga's bench scored 30 of its 55 points...also had 17 of 33 rebounds.
- UTC struggled shooting on the night making just 31.5 percent from the field (17-54) including a 5-19 performance (26.3%) from 3pt range...Paladins shot 41.5% (22-53) from the floor, 21.7% (5-23) from behind the arc.
Senior Keegan Bell
- 5 assists tonight...23rd time this season with five or more, 60th career.
- Now has 184 assists on the season moving into third on the Mocs season record list...passed Ray Trowell's 180 in 2002-03 and his own 182 last season...his three seasons have netted the third (current), fourth and 7th (159 in 2009-10) best season totals in school history.
Senior Ricky Taylor
- 13 points on 4-9 shooting, 2-3 from 3pt range, and 3-4 at FT line.
- 22nd game this season in double digits, 67th in his career...10th time he's led team in scoring in 2011-12, 27th career.
- Scored his 1,200th point tonight, now with 1,209...6th-best scoring total in the Mocs DI era.
- Moved into top 10 in field goals made passing David Phillips (1997-00)...has 403 for his career.
Sophomore Z. Mason|
- Played his first game since Davidson at home on January 26 missing seven games...4 points and six rebounds in 16 minutes.
- 10 points on 4-9 from the floor, 2-5 beyond the arc.