Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga vs. Georgia Southern
U.S. Cellular Center - Asheville, N.C. - March 2, 2012
- Chattanooga lost 76-70 to Georgia Southern in the first round of the Southern Conference Tournament...UTC ends the year at 11-21, while the Eagles are 15-14.
- Mocs now lead the series 30-18 in the 48th meeting between the two teams...UTC is 5-1 in the SoCon Tourney against GSU.
- UTC is 52-25 in the SoCon Tourney, 21-9 in Asheville...now 3-1 in the first round (12-team field).
- Chattanooga is now 9-5 when leading with five minutes to play this season...it entered 2011-12 109-5 under John Shulman in such situations.
- The Mocs reserves held a 27-16 advantage in bench scoring.
- UTC had 16 turnovers...the Eagles capitalized on those miscues with 23 points...GSU had 12 points off seven second-half Mocs turnovers.
- Chattanooga shot just 35.8 percent (19-53) from the field, 25.0 percent (6-24) in the second half...Georgia Southern shot 43.9 percent (25-57), 51.9 percent (14-27) after the break.
- The Mocs shot 80 percent from the free throw line, 28-35 for the game...28 FTM is a new season high, 35 FTA ties the high at Western Carolina (2/2/12).
- UTC led 41-31 on the boards...grabbed 15 offensive rebounds.
Senior Jahmal Burroughs
- 15 points and a career-high 13 rebounds.
- 6-11 FG and 3-5 FT.
- Came back for final seven games after hamstring injury against Davidson...60 rebounds in those games averaging 8.6 per game.
- 6th double digit scoring game this year, 8th career...2nd double-double...2nd double-digit rebounding game.
Junior Dontay Hampton
- 13 points off the bench.
- Career highs with 10 FTM and 12 FTA (ties).
- 12 points off the bench...4-8 FG, 2-3 3pt & 2-4 FT.
Senior Keegan Bell
- 11 points making all six free throw attempts.
- Ends his collegiate career with 538 assists with the Mocs, 633 including his freshman year at Vandy...9th all-time in the SoCon, 1st at UTC...his 197 assists this season is 3rd-best in school history.