Chattanooga 69, Appalachian State 45
Boone, N.C. - Holmes Convocation Center
Saturday, March 02, 2013
- Chattanooga defeated Appalachian State 69-45 ... improves to 26-3 overall ... 19-1 in SoCon play ... Appalachian State drops to 19-8 overall and 13-6 SoCon
- Chattanooga is the top seed in the SoCon tournament and will play winner of No. 8/9 game on Saturday at Noon at the Kimmel Arena ... Appalachian State drops into a tie with Elon for the third seed and will host Samford Monday night.
- Second time UTC posts a 19-1 SoCon record ... last time was 2004-05 season ... Lady
Mocs were undefeated three times: 20-0 (2003-04), 18-0 (2005-06), 18-0 (2007-08)
- Lady Mocs shot 63.3% (19-30) in first half and finished game 27-of-57 (47.4%) ... Appalachian State was 17-of-61 for the game (27.9%) ... second lowest field goal percent for a UTC opponents ... ASU led the league in field goal percentage at start of game making (.432)
- Lady Mocs played all 12 players and got scoring from every player and each had at least one rebound
- Chattanooga started the game with a 9-0 lead with 16:40 to play in the first ... Lady Mocs led wire-to-wire for the ninth game this season.
- After Appalachian State getting to within three points (17-14 with 11:05 in the first) Chattanooga outscored ASU 17-4 over the next 4:17 to lead 34-18 with 6:06 to play ... Lady Mocs took a 44-27 lead into halftime with back-to-back layups from Taylor Hall and Tatianna Jackson.
- In the second half, App State stepped up with six straight points to cut the Lady Mocs' lead to 44-33 ... UTC outscored the Mountaineers 23-8 over the next 14:01 for its largest lead 67-41 with 2:50 to play.
- Lady Mocs outrebounded ASU 46-37 ... UTC scored 14 second chance points off 12 rebounds compared to App State's 17 points off 15 offensive boards.
-Chattanooga outscored Appalachian State 42-20 in the paint and 30-6 off the bench.
- Lady Mocs had 15 assists and 13 turnovers ... ASU had six assists to 16 turnovers ... UTC outscored the Mountaineers 17-14 off turnovers and recorded an 8-0 advantage on fastbreaks.
- Chattanooga was 4-of-15 (26.7%) from the 3-point line ... ASU was 2-of-8 (.250) from beyond the arc.
- UTC was 11-of-20 (55.0%) from the free throw line ... Appalachian State was 9-of-16 (56.3%)
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- 13 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocked shots
- FG: 5-of-8; FT: 3-of-7
- points and rebounds both game-highs
- Seventh double-double of the year ... second in as many games against former team ASU
- 19 minutes
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.
- FG: 6-of-13
- 24 minutes
Ka'Vonne Towns (So. - G/F)
- 7 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists
- FG: 3-of-3, 3FG: 1-1
Tatianna Jackson (Fr. - G)
- 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists