The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga dropped a 7-0 match at Samford today. The Mocs fall to 8-8 overall and 3-4 in SoCon action with the loss. The Bulldogs improve to 5-1 in league play and 10-7 overall.
UTC scored did score one win in today’s match. Seniors Ankit Chopra (Chandigrah, India) and Roberto Vieira (Bedfordview, South Africa) scored a big upset at No. 1 doubles. They defeated the Bulldog dup of Zac Dunkle and Garrison Laduca (9-7). Dunkle and Laduca came into the match ranked No. 72 in the nation.
UTC is back in action at home on Saturday, April 6, against Appalachian State. Match time is set for 1:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) and a link for live scoring is available on the men’s tennis schedule page on GoMocs.com.
Samford 7, Chattanooga 0
Apr 03, 2013 at Birmingham, Ala. (Samford Tennis Center)
1. Ankit Chopra/Roberto Vieira (UTC) def. #72 Zac Dunkle/Garrison Laduca (SAM) 9-7
2. Elliot Barnwell/Austin Akers (SAM) def. Chris Smith/John Peacey (UTC) 8-5
3. Alex Sajonz/Fares Kilani (SAM) def. Manuel Barroetavena/Jackson Tresnan (UTC) 8-3
1. Zac Dunkle (SAM) def. Roberto Vieira (UTC) 6-3, 6-4
2. Elliot Barnwell (SAM) def. Manuel Barroetavena (UTC) 7-6 (8-4), 6-3
3. Fares Kilani (SAM) def. Ankit Chopra (UTC) 6-2, 6-3
4. Alex Sajonz (SAM) def. Chris Smith (UTC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Austin Akers (SAM) def. Jackson Tresnan (UTC) 7-5, 6-3
6. Garrison Laduca (SAM) def. John Peacey (UTC) 6-4, 7-6 (8-3)