Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Wofford at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena – Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday – Jan. 11, 2014
- The Chattanooga Mocs won their sixth straight game and improved to 4-0 in Southern Conference action with a 70-69 win over Wofford. UTC is 10-8 overall while the Terriers drop to 7-9 and 2-2 in league action.
- The Mocs are on their longest winning streak since the 2009-10 season when they also won six in a row from Dec. 21 to Jan. 14.
- Chattanooga is 4-0 in league play for the first time since opening 7-0 in 2010-11. Western Carolina and Davidson are the other two teams still undefeated in league play at 3-0 each.
- Freshman Greg Pryor drew a charge in the lane with 1.1 seconds left to preserve the one-point win.
- Chattanooga led by as many as 11 (61-50, 5:51) and was up six with 29 seconds left before almost giving it all back.
- The Mocs were just 2-8 from 3-pt. range…season-low attempts and tied the low for threes made.
- Wofford’s Lee Skinner had a career-high and game-high 15 boards…it was also the most by an opponent this season.
- The Terriers turned 11 Chattanooga turnovers into 17 points.
- The Mocs were more efficient on the offensive glass, converting 14 offensive boards into 18 second-chance points.
- Tonight’s attendance of 3,866 is second only to the home-opener crowd of 4,637 against Covenant on Nov. 8.
- The Mocs’ 70 points were better than Wofford’s league-leading scoring defensive average of 65.7 ppg coming into the game, but less than UTC’s SoCon-best 79.2 scoring average.
- Chattanooga lost the battle on the boards 38-36…first time that has happened in six games.
- The Mocs blocked seven shots tonight…upping their SoCon-best average to 4.8 per game.
- Chattanooga is 6-2 in games decided by 10 points or less…won each of the last six.
Casey Jones – So.-G
- Career-high and game-high 23 points.
- Shot 9-12 from the floor, 5-6 from the FT line.
- Tied for team-high with eight boards.
- Fifth-straight game in double-figures.
- 37-50 (74.0%) from the floor last five games.
Z. Mason – Sr.-F
- 17 points, seven boards and four blocks.
- Shot 6-14 from the field, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 3-4 from the FT line.
- Rest of the team was 0-4 from behind the arc.
- Added four blocks to his SoCon-best 2.6 per game.
- Only played 29 minutes due to foul trouble…first time in seven games under 30.
Lance Stokes – Jr.-F
- Four points and eight boards in 30 minutes.
- Career-high three blocks.
Ronrico White – Jr.-G
- 15 points on 4-9 shooting, 7-9 from the FT line.
- Added an assist and two steals in 25 minutes off the bench.
- No turnovers at the point.
- Sixth-straight game in double-figures.