Chattanooga at Hawai’i
Waikiki Beach Rainbow Wahine Tournament
Stan Sheriff Center - Honolulu, Hawai’i
Saturday - Nov. 30, 2013
- Chattanooga drops to 4-3 overall after a 60-55 loss at Hawai’i tonight … Hawai’i improved to 5-3.
- For the second game in a row, UTC fell behind big in the first half, only to close the opening 20 minutes on a strong run to tie the score at the break. UTC was down 26-11 with 8:08 left in the first half before going on a 15-0 run to close the half, tying the game at 26.
- UTC has been tied at the half of all three losses this season.
- Chattanooga shot a season-low 28.8% (19-66) from the floor … season-high 66 FG attempts today … including a season-high 24 3-pt. FG tries.
- UTC’s 55 points are a season-low…19 FGs made tied a season-low.
- After shooting a season-low 9-16 (56.3%) from the FT line against Minnesota last night, UTC went 12-14 for a season-high 85.7% tonight.
- Hawai’i went up by 12, 51-39 with 6:46 left in the game…UTC cut that lead to two 57-55 with 1:33 left after a Taylor Hall three-pointer. That was the last FG of the game for Chattanooga.
- UTC outscored Hawai’I 20-6 in the paint in the first half. That number flipped to 18-8 in favor of Hawai’i in the second half.
- Chattanooga’s bench outscored Hawai’i 31-10.
- Taylor Hall’s career-high 16 boards are the most in the game by a Lady Moc since Bailey Dewart had 16 against Davidson on Feb. 12, 2011.
- UTC had 10 turnovers to Hawai’i’s 16, posting a 16-6 advantage in points off of turnovers.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Second-straight double-double with 12 points and a career-high 16 boards.
- Had 10 rebounds in the first half.
- Third double-double of the season…11th of her career.
- Shot 3-15 from the floor, 1-4 from 3-pt. range and 5-6 from the FT line.
- Led the team with four assists.
- Played 40 minutes for the second-straight night.
Chelsey Shumpert – Fr.-G
- 11 points on 3-11 shooting, 3-9 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- No turnovers in 15 minutes at the point…only two turnovers in 38 minutes this season.
- Most threes attempted by a Lady Moc this season.
Ka’Vonne Towns – Jr.-G/F
- Career-high and team-high 14 points.
- Shot 6-11 from the field, 1-4 from 3-pt. range and 1-1 from the FT line.
- Tied a season-high with three steals.