Chattanooga at Appalachian State
Holmes Center – Boone, N.C.
Monday – Jan. 13, 2014
- The Chattanooga women’s basketball team improved to 14-3 overall and 6-0 in Southern Conference action with tonight’s 73-68 overtime win at Appalachian State. The Mountaineers drop to 5-10 overall and 2-3 in the SoCon.
- UTC first year head coach Jim Foster is now three wins away from 800 for his career. His 36-year mark stands at 797-310. The 2013 Hall of Fame inductee is the only coach in NCAA Division I history - men or women - to lead three different teams to at least 200 wins (St. Joseph’s: 248, Vanderbilt: 256, Ohio State: 279).
- This is the 10th straight win for UTC and its 22nd consecutive Southern Conference regular season victory.
- Chattanooga improves to 9-0 when scoring 70+ points in a game.
- This is the fifth time this season UTC has been tied at the half (26-all)…just the second win in such games.
- UTC is now 53-25 all-time against Appalachian State, including 23-13 in Boone…the Mocs have won four-straight in the series and two in a row in the Holmes Center.
- Tonight’s game was UTC’s first OT contest since losing at Elon 70-60 on Jan. 7, 2013. That is also the last time UTC lost a SoCon game. Chattanooga snaps a four-game overtime losing streak, winning in the extra frames for the first time since a 78-69 2OT victory against Richmond in Jersey City, N.C., on Dec. 29, 2009.
- The score was tied nine times tonight and saw the lead change eight times. Neither team led by more than seven points.
- UTC was 8-22 (36.4%) from 3-pt. range…second most threes in a game this season.
- Chattanooga tied a season-high with 12 steals…fifth time this season with 10+ steals.
- UTC turned 19 ASU turnovers into 23 points…Mocs only coughed it up 12 times for 15 points off turnovers for the Mountaineers.
- The Mocs were 19-27 (70.4%) from the FT line…season-high for attempts and tied for makes.
- UTC committed a season-high 23 fouls.
- Appalachian State shot a season-high 54.3% from the floor (25-46).
- UConn snapped the Baylor Bears 69-game, home court winning streak with a 66-55 win in Waco, Texas, tonight. That makes the Mocs 32-game run in McKenzie Arena the longest active streak in the nation.
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- Career-high 17 points on 6-9 shooting, 4-7 from 3-pt. range and 1-2 from the FT line.
- 4 threes are the most in a game by a Moc this season.
- 8-15 (53.3%) from 3-pt. range last four games…40.5% for the season.
- 15-26 (57.7%) from the field last four games…43.8% for the season.
- Third time in double-figures.
- Tied a season-high with three assists.
- Career-high three steals.
- No turnovers in a career-high 41 minutes.
- No turnovers last five games…only nine this season…five in the first three games.
- Topped 500 career points in the game.
Ashlen Dewart – Sr.-F
- 12 points on 5-13 shooting, 2-3 from the FT line.
- Added four boards in a season-high 34 minutes.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Team-high 19 points.
- 10 rebounds for her eighth double-double of the year.
- Shot 4-12 from the floor, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 9-13 from the FT line.
- Most FTs made and attempted by a Moc this season.
- Added four assists and two steals.
- Career-high 44 minutes…fifth time this season with 40+ minutes.