Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
College of Charleston at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Feb. 11, 2012
- The Lady Mocs improve to 17-7 overall and 12-3 in SoCon action with a 57-31 win over College of Charleston.
- The game was tied at 12 with 6:04 left in the first half...UTC went on a 12-2 run to close out the half to take a 24-14 lead at the break.
- The Lady Mocs held the Cougars to just 14 points on 6-25 (24.0%) shooting in the first half.
- College of Charleston did not top 20 points in the game until the 7:33 mark left in the game.
- Charleston's 31 points is the fewest allowed by UTC this season.
- The 31 points by CofC represents the fewest scored by either team in the 34-game series that dates back to 1977...UTC leads the all-time series 26-8.
- The Cougars shot 11-54 (20.4%) from the field...that is a season low allowed by the Lady Mocs for FGs made and FG5.
- UTC outrebounded CofC 54-36...the 54 boards are the Lady Mocs' second-highest total this season...Chattanooga is 16-1 when outrebounding its opponent.
- Tonight's attendance to 2,768 is the second largest crowd this season and the 14th all-time for the Lady Mocs in McKenzie Arena.
- UTC is 10-0 at home this season.
- UTC junior Kayla Christopher (11 points) was the only player on either team to reach double-figures in scoring.
Sophomore Alex Black
- Nine points in 22 minutes off the bench.
- Most points since scoring 14 at Wofford on Jan. 13.
Sophomore Destiny Bramblett
- Season-high five points in seven minutes off the bench.
- Went 2-6 from the field and 1-3 from 3-pt. range.
Junior Kayla Christopher
- Game-high 11 points.
- Shot 5-9 from the field and 1-2 from the FT line.
- Added four boards, four assists and two steals.
Sophomore Faith Dupree
- Seven points and four boards.
- Very productive in just 10 minutes off the bench.
Sophomore Taylor Hall
- Game-high 12 rebounds.
- 11th game this season with 10+ boards.
- Added five points and two steals.
Freshman Ka'Vonne Townes
- Tied a season-high with four assists.