Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Georgia Southern
Monday - Feb. 13, 2012
- Chattanooga improves to 18-7 overall and 13-3 in the SoCon with a 67-52 win over Georgia Southern...the Eagles drop to 7-18 overall and 3-13 in the league.
- Chattanooga improves to 11-0 at home this season.
- UTC outrebounded the Eagles 42-33...Chattanooga is 17-1 when outrebounding its opponent this season.
- The Lady Mocs improve to 31-18 all-time against GSU, including 18-4 at home...UTC has won 13 in a row at home in the series...the last road win for Georgia Southern was an 87-85 (OT) victory on Jan. 2, 1999...head coach Wes Moore is 24-6 all-time against GSU.
- Leading 27-22, Chattanooga held the Eagles scoreless for the final 5:13 of the first half to take a 35-22 lead into the locker room.
- The Lady Mocs continued with a 15-4 run over the first eight minutes of the second half to push the lead to 50-26.
- Georgia Southern cut the lead to single digits (57-48) with 3:38 left in the game, but could not get any closer.
Junior Kayla Christopher
- Six points on 2-7 shooting, 2-5 from 3-pt. range.
- Team-high five assists.
- Added four rebounds.
- Tied for 5th all-time at UTC with Jan Cameron (1991-94) wtih161 career 3-pt. FGs.
Sophomore Taylor Hall
- Fifth career double-double with 19 points and 15 rebounds.
- Game-high and career-high for points.
- Game-high and tied a career-high for rebounds.
- Shot 7-14 from the field, 2-5 from 3-pt. range and 3-4 from the FT line.
- Career-high for FGs made.
- Tied a career-high with two threes.
Senior Whitney Hood
- 17 points on 7-16 shooting, 1-1 from 3-pt. range and 2-3 from the FT line.
- First 3-pt. FG of her UTC career...had one at Clemson in her freshman season.
- Added five rebounds.
Senior Tenisha Townsend
- Seven points on 2-4 shooting, 1-2 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- Tied a season-high with five rebounds.
- Added four assists.