Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Western Carolina at Chattanooga
Ramsey Center - Cullowhee, N.C.
Saturday - Feb. 18, 2012
- Lady Mocs improve to 19-7 overall, 14-3 in league play.
- UTC is 61-11 against Western Carolina
- Chattanooga trailed only once in the contest when Western Carolina scored the first bucket. Kylie Lambert connected on the first of her two 3-pointers with 17:54 to play in the first half to give the Lady Mocs the lead for good.
- After leading 24-8 with 5:32 to play in the first half, the Lady Mocs were outscored 13-3 over the rest of the half and led 27-21 at halftime.
- Chattanooga started the second half with an 11-2 run to go up by 15 (38-23) with 16:15 remaining. Western Carolina responded with a 10-2 run to cut the lead back to seven points (40-33) with 9:38 to play.
- The Lady Mocs went on an 11-1 run to take the largest lead of the game, 51-34 with four minutes to play.
- Chattanooga outrebounded the Catamounts 50-31. It is the sixth time this season that UTC has pulled down 50 or more rebounds.
Sophomore Alex Black
Career-high nine rebounds
5 pts, 9 rebs, 3 assts, 2 TO
Senior Tenisha Townsend
Tied career-high seven rebounds
Junior Kayla Christopher
12 pts, 6 rbs, 4-5 FG, 2-3 3FG, 2-2 FTs
Has 163 career 3-pointers, moves to fifth all-time at UTC for 3-ptrs made
Junior Kylie Lambert
10 pts, 2 rbs
2-5 FG, 2-3 3FG, 4-4 FT