Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Appalachian State at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Monday - Feb. 27, 2012
- The Lady Mocs post an 80-71 win over Appalachian State tonight...Chattanooga finished the regular season with a 21-8 overall record...16-4 in the SoCon and in third place in the league race.
- UTC finished the season with a 13-0 record at home...it is the first time Chattanooga has gone undefeated at home since posting a 12-0 mark in the 2005-06 season...UTC is 155-30 (.834) in McKenzie Arena under head coach Wes Moore.
- All-time series with Appalachian State
In Chattanooga: 24-8
On the Road: 21-13
- Chattanooga had lost three straight to the Mountaineers.
- UTC led 43-33 at the half, improving to 14-3 when leading at the break this season.
- ASU cut the lead to 66-64 with 5:04 on the clock, but the Lady Mocs know how to close out games...Chattanooga is 20-0 when leading with five minutes and 21-0 when holding a lead at the 2:00 mark.
- The Lady Mocs were 7-8 from the FT line in the last 1:22 of the game...20-24 (83.3%) for the game...it was the most FTs made against ASU this season.
- UTC controlled the glass for the 21st time this season, outrebounding ASU 37-31...Lady Mocs are 19-2 when outrebounding their opponents...ASU came into the game leading the league in rebounding (43.1) and rebound margin (+7.5)...ASU's 31 boards is a season-low...the Mountaineers outrebounded UTC 48-25 in a 62-51 win in Boone on Jan. 21.
- Chattanooga is 9-0 when scoring 70+ points this season.
- UTC's 80 points ties for its most in a SoCon game this season (Elon on Jan. 30)...also ties for second most overall this season (88 at ETSU on Dec. 22).
- The 80 points are the second-most allowed by Appalachian State this season.
- UTC shot 26-54 (48.1%) from the field...it is the highest FG% allowed by ASU this season.
- The Lady Mocs were 8-22 (36.4%) from behind the line tonight...the eight threes ties for the most against ASU this season.
- Both Taylor Hall (24) and Whitney Hood (20) had 20 points in tonight's game...it is the first time two Lady Mocs have scored 20+ points since Hood (25) and Kayla Christopher (22) did it at Furman on Feb. 7, 2011.
- Chattanooga had four score in double-figures - Hall (24), Hood (20), Christopher (11), Townsend (11)...it is the first time that happened since the season-opener against UAB.
Junior Kayla Christopher
- 11 points on 5-11 shooting, 1-5 from 3-pt. range.
Sophomore Taylor Hall
- Career-high and game-high 24 points.
- Ties for most points by a Lady Moc this season...(Dupree vs. Elon (1/30) & Hood vs.
- Shot 6-11 from the field, 5-6 from 3-pt. range and 7-8 from the FT line.
- Most threes in a game by a Lady Moc this season...most threes since Kayla Christopher had six against Furman on Jan. 4, 2011.
- Added eight rebounds.
- Career-high 38 minutes.
- Career-highs for 3-pt. FGs and FTs made.
Senior Tenisha Townsend
- 11 points on 2-6 shooting from 3-pt. range and 5-7 from the FT line.
- First time in double figures since Indiana State (11/18).
- Team-high five assists.
Senior Whitney Hood
- 20 points on 7-10 shooting, 6-7 from the FT line.
- Best shooting game of the season.
- 4th game with 20+ points this season.
- Added seven rebounds.
Head Coach Wes Moore
- Career: 528-163 - 23rd Season
- at UTC: 328-107 - 14th Season
- vs. Appalachian State: 27-4