Chattanooga Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Wofford
Johnson Arena - Spartanburg, S.C. - Feb. 16, 2013
- Chattanooga loses 78-58 at Wofford in Southern Conference inter-division action...UTC is now 11-16, 6-8 in the North, while the Terriers are 11-17, 5-10 in the South.
- Mocs are 16-12 all-time against Wofford including 13-12 in regular-season SoCon play...5-9 in Spartanburg.
- Head Coach John Shulman is 143-143 in his ninth season...7-6 vs. Wofford, 3-4 on the road.
- Final game in a five-game-in-10-day stretch...3-2 during that span with the first four coming at home.
- Shulman and Terriers Head Coach Mike Young spent several seasons as assistants to Richard Johnson at Wofford from 1996-98.
- Terriers shot 51.9 percent (27-52) from the field and 50 percent (11-22) from 3pt range...1st time topping 50 percent from the floor and/or beyond the arc since December 18, 2012 vs. Jacksonville.
- Z. Mason (9-11) and Gee McGhee (5-14) combined for 37 of the Mocs' 58 points...the duo shot 14-25 (56%) while the remainder of the team shot four of 29 (13.8%).
- Plus-seven on the boards (35-28)...9-7 when out-rebounding an opponent.
- 18 field goals made is lowest total since 17 five games ago at Georgia Southern.
- Wofford is the SoCon's stingiest defense allowing 59.6 ppg entering action tonight...Mocs tallied 58.
Junior Forward Z. Mason
- 24 points on 9-11 FG, 3-3 3pt and 3-4 FT...3rd career game with three or more threes made.
- 6th 20-point of the season and his career...20th double-digit night of 2012-13, 24th career.
- 6 rebounds.
Freshman Guard Gee McGhee
- 13 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
- 9th consecutive game with 12 or more points.
- 18th double figure scoring game.