Chattanooga Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Appalachian State
Holmes Center - Boone, N.C. - March 2, 2013
- Chattanooga lost 86-60 at Appalachian State in the regular season finale for the two Southern Conference North Division teams...UTC is now 13-18, 8-10 in the league, while the Mountaineers are 13-16, 10-8.
- UTC is now 43-31 all-time against App State, 35-26 in regular season conference play...11-21 in Boone.
- Head Coach John Shulman is 145-145 in his ninth season...11-9 vs. ASU, 1-8 on the road.
- The win gives App State the No. 4 seed and bye into the quarterfinals of the SoCon Championship...Chattanooga awaits the finish of the Samford-Western Carolina game for its seed...Samford win and the Mocs are No. 6, WCU wins and UTC is No. 7...if the six seed, it will face the loser of The Citadel at Wofford in Saturday night action.
- App State started the game hot making 56.3 percent from the field (18-32) and 3pt range (9-16) in the first half scoring 55 points, a season high for an opponent for points in a half.
- The Mocs had 17 turnovers this afternoon...most since 18 in the win at Samford January 5.
- Chattanooga allowed 21 fast break points to the Mountaineers while scoring 11 of its own.
- UTC out-scored its hosts in the paint, 30-20.
- Four blocks ties a season high (at Kansas, at Kennesaw State, at LSU & at Georgia Tech)...most against a SoCon opponent.
Freshman Forward Casey Jones
- Career-high 16 points shooting 7-8 FG and 2-4 FT.
- Also high for field goals made.
- Grabbed four rebounds, three on the offensive end.
Junior Forward Z. Mason
- 10 rebounds today...7th time with double digit boards this season, 11th career.
- Two blocks for sixth time this year, seventh career.
Sophomore Guard Ronrico White
- 10 points, three rebounds and two assists.
- 14th game this season with 10 or more points, 19th career.
- 3-7 FG, 1-3 3pt & 3-6 FT.