Austin Peay at Chattanooga
Saturday – Sept. 14, 2013
Finley Stadium - Chattanooga, Tenn.
- The Mocs improve to 2-1 with a 42-10 win over Austin Peay tonight. APSU drops to 0-3.
- Mocs scored on the opening two drives for the second-straight game.
- Chattanooga led 35-7 at the break … UTC has outscored its opponents 56-14 in the first half this season.
- UTC’s 35 first-half points are the most in the first 30 minutes of a game since scoring 42 in a 72-17 win over Mississippi Valley State on Sept. 16, 2000.
- The Mocs have scored 40+ points in back-to-back games for the first time since a 51-7 win against Western Carolina on Oct. 15, 2011, and a 42-18 win at Elon on Oct. 22, 2011.
- This is the second-straight game the Mocs have posted four rushing TDs.
- The Mocs have put up 671 rushing yards in the last two games combined…most rushing yards in consecutive games since 1991 – 307 vs. UT Martin (8/31/91) and 367 vs. Tennessee Tech (9/7/91).
- The Mocs defense allowed 121 yards in 27 plays on APSU’s two scoring drives … the Governors had 69 yards on 37 plays in their other 10 drives of the game.
Toyvian Brand – Jr.-DL
- 1st career sack.
Marquis Green – Jr-RB
- 1st rush TD of the season…7th of his career.
- Finished with 16 yards on six carries.
- Also had three catches for 14 yards.
Jacob Huesman – So.-QB
- 15-20 passing for 142 yards, TD and INT.
- 19th career TD pass…10th all-time at UTC.
- Ran 12 times for 40 yards.
Head Coach Russ Huesman (5th Season)
- 25-22 overall.
- 13-9 at home.
- 8-7 in non-conference games.
- 4-3 against teams from the OVC.
- 19-6 when scoring 25+ points.
- 12-0 when allowing less than 14 points.
- 20-3 when out-rushing opponent.
Gunner Miller – Sr.-LB
- Fourth career INT.
- Second career pick-6…last was at Elon (10/22/11).
- One of only five Mocs with two career pick-6s.
Chaz Moore – Sr.-DB
- Team-high seven tackles.
- Added 1.5 TFLs and a PBU.
Nick Pollard – Jr.-K
- 6-6 on PATs.
- Has 132 career points…tied with Jerry Ellison (1990-93) for 8th on the all-time scoring list.
Muhasibi Wakeel – Jr.-LB
- Career high and tied for team high with seven tackles.
Keon Williams – Jr.-RB
- 106 rushing yards and three TDs on 11 carries.
- Second straight 100-yard game … 3rd of his career.
- 2nd multi-rushing TD game of his career…first was at The Citadel on 10/9/10.
- 21 carries and 253 yards with no yards lost in last two games.
- First Moc with three rushing TDs since Terrell Robinson at Georgia Southern on Oct. 8, 2011.