Chattanooga Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Alabama at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena – Chattanooga, Tenn.
Friday – Nov. 8, 2013
- Chattanooga scored an 82-70 win over Alabama on the opening night of the 2013-14 season.
- UTC won its 27th consecutive home game…extending its school-record home winning streak…Chattanooga has not lost a home game since the finale in 2011.
- Tonight’s attendance of 3,633 is the 10th best crowd in school history.
- Lady Mocs improve to 6-5 overall against Alabama…it is the third straight win in the series and the second in as many seasons.
- UTC’s bench outscored Alabama’s 24-12.
- UTC led 19-15 with 8:47 left in the first half…Lady Mocs outscored the Tide 24-6 the rest of the half to lead 45-21 at the break.
Senior Faith Dupree
- First career double-double with 10 points and a game-high and career-high 13 boards.
- 5-8 from the field.
Senior Taylor Hall
- Tied a career-high with 24 points sat last season in the season opener against Tennessee.
- Shot 9-19 from the field, 6-6 from the FT line.
- Added four assists and two steals.
Sophomore Alicia Payne
- Career-high 11 points.
- Shot 2-5 from the field, 2-3 from 3-pt. range and 5-6 from the FT line.
- Three assists and no turnovers at the point.
- First time with multiple 3-pt. FGs.
- Career-highs for FTs made and attempted.
Junior Ka'Vonne Towns
- 10 points off the bench.
- Shot 3-5 from the field, 2-2 from behind the arc and 2-3 from the FT line.
- Added a career-high seven boards.
- Also had three assists and two steals.