MOCS MEN’S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK
Game No. 6 | Chattanooga at No. 22 UCLA | Pauley Pavilion | Nov. 24, 2013
- Chattanooga lost 106-65 at No. 22 UCLA tonight…the Mocs are now 2-4, the Bruins 5-0.
- UCLA took control early with a couple of offensive runs of 10-0 and 14-2 in the opening 10 minutes of the game.
- Tonight was first game against UCLA, just the third meeting all-time against Pac-12 Conference…the record against current Pac-12 membership is 1-2 (1-0 Colorado/0-1 USC).
- The games at Nevada Friday and tonight at UCLA are part of the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational…the Mocs are in an eight-team field that converges on Orleans Arena in Las Vegas next Thursday & Friday (11/28-29)…we are in a bracket with Morehead State, its opening round opponent, and will face either IUPUI or Gardner-Webb to complete the trip.
- This is Chattanooga’s second entry in the Las Vegas Invitational...the first was in 2006 losing at Florida and winning at Ball State before splitting with Towson (loss) and Prairie View A&M (win) at Orleans Arena.
- Cold shooting night for Chattanooga hitting 35.1 percent from the field (26-74), 30.0 percent (9-30) from 3pt range and 36.4 percent (4-11) from the free throw line…season-high 30 3pt attempts.
- Mocs were out-rebounded 48-33…even so, it was a close margin on second chance points, 17-15 Bruins advantage.
- The turnover margin was -4 (15-11)…UCLA scored 30 points off the Mocs 15 miscues to seven for Chattanooga.
Z. Mason, Sr.-F
- 15 points, one rebound and two blocks on the night.
- 33rd career double-digit scoring night, fifth of the season.
- 4th time this season he’s had two or more blocks, 11th time in his career…entered contest ranked 2nd in SoCon in blocks with 11 (2.2 bpg).
Martynas Bareika, Jr.-F
- Team-high 17 points on 6-11 shooting including five-of-nine from 3pt range.
- Career-best point total against a DI opponent…3rd double-digit game this year, fifth career.
- Career-high five 3pt baskets…now shooting 48.1 percent (13-27) from 3pt range this season…tied career high of six field goals made.
Casey Jones, So.-G
- 10 points, six rebounds and two steals.
- 3rd double-figure scoring night of 2013-14, all in last four games…5th career.