MOCS MEN’S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK
Game No. 11 | Chattanooga at Northern Kentucky | Bank of Kentucky Center | Dec. 15, 2013
- Chattanooga lose 87-71 at Northern Kentucky in an afternoon affair in Highland Heights, Ky…the Mocs are 4-7, the Norse 2-7.
- This is the 11th meeting between the two schools, the first of the DI era…Chattanooga leads the series 7-4…they met 10 times over the final five DII seasons at Chattanooga from 1972-73 through 1976-77…the Norse come back to the Scenic City in 2014-15.
- The Mocs played today without the services of leading scorer and rebounder Z. Mason…a preseason All-SoCon selection, he is averaging 18.6 points and 7.5 rebounds per contest and is coming off the first 40 & 10 game (41 points/12 rebounds) on record in school history.
- Chattanooga shot just 36 percent (18-50) for the contest…was seven for 28 (25%) in the second half.
- The Mocs had a strong night from the free throw line at 96.6 percent (28-29)…made first 26…last time the team shot 90 percent or better from the charity stripe as 92.9 percent, 13 of 14, in the January 10, 2013 road win over The Citadel…1st time over 80 percent this season.
- NKU shot 66.7 percent (32-48) from the field including 58.3 percent (7-12) from beyond the arc…6th time this year an opponent has topped 50 percent from the floor.
- The Norse out-boarded Chattanooga 33-22...6th time the Mocs have been out-rebounded in 2013-14…0-6 in those contests.
- NKU held a 44-18 advantage in points in the paint and its bench out-scored their counterparts 43-17.
Martynas Bareika-Jr. F
- Career-high 29 points…career highs with seven FG made, 14 attempted, 12 FT made and 13 attempted.
- 6th double-figure scoring game of the season, eighth of his career…3rd straight with 10 or more points.
- 2nd career 20-point game, first of the year.
- 4th career game with three or more treys…all have come in 2013-14.
Casey Jones-So. G
- 10 points and a game-high seven rebounds.
- 6th game this season in double figures…8th career.
- Led squad on the boards for the 3rd time this year.
- 4 offensive boards…entered contest tied for 4th in the SoCon in offensive rebounding (2.6/game).