MOCS MEN’S GOLF NOTEBOOK
Southern Conference Championship | April 20-22, 2014
- Chattanooga’s one-shot loss to Georgia Southern is the first runner-up finish since 1989...the Mocs (5 times) and Eagles (twice) have won seven of the last eight titles (Furman – 2010).
- The Mocs opened the event at plus-eight through the first seven holes…squad played +2 the remaining 47 holes.
- 874 (+10) is the third-best 54-hole total of 2013-14…ranks behind 855 (-9) at the AutoTrader.com Collegiate and 867 (+3) two weeks ago at the Old Waverly Collegiate.
- Season-high 43 birdies for the event…passes 41 set at Old Waverly.
- The 26 bogeys over the three days is a season low…beats 28 in the AutoTrader.com event in September.
- +3 on the par 3’s ties for season best with the efforts at AutoTrader.com and Old Waverly Collegiates.
- 284 (-4) on Monday tied for the fourth-lowest mark of the year…6th par or better team round.
Senior Chris Robb
- Career-low 65 (-7) to close out the tourney…top score by a Moc in the SoCon Championship…lowest score in the event since 2001 (Chris Wisler, ETSU).
- Played final 38 holes bogey free.
- Career-high-tying seven birdies on his card today…12 for the tournament is his best since 13 in the 2012 Brickyard Collegiate.
- Second runner-up finish in the event…tied for second in 2012 behind teammate Stephan Jaeger…3rd SoCon top 10 with high finish of tied for 11th in 2013.
- Fourth top 10 this season, ninth in his career.
- 10th and 11th par or better rounds this season with his 69 and 65…five cards in the 60’s for the campaign, 14 now in his career.
Senior Davis Bunn
- Career-best-tying 67 in round two…-5 is his top score vs. par over his four seasons…tied Rocky Bamber (2002) and Brian Millican (1989) for best Mocs SoCon second round score.
- 13th par or better round (35th career)…2nd card in the 60’s (6th career).
- Five birdies and 13 pars in his second round effort…had a 29-hole stretch of five birdies and 24 pars from the end of the first 18 into the midst of the final.