Chattanooga Football Postgame Notes
Elon at Chattanooga
Finley Stadium - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Nov. 17, 2012
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga football team finished the season with a 6-5 overall record following today's 24-17 win over Elon. The Mocs improve to 5-3 in the SoCon play while the Phoenix dropped to 3-8 and 1-7.
- The Mocs post their third winning season in the last four years. That has not happened since the same run from 1984-87.
- The 2012 senior class graduates with a 23-21 overall record. It is the most wins by one class at UTC since 1986 and the seventh best mark in the FCS era (1980).
- Chattanooga shutout the Phoenix in the third quarter. It is the fifth-straight game the Mocs have posted a shutout in the third frame. The last time UTC allowed a point in the first 15 minutes of the second half was a FG at Furman on Oct. 13.
- UTC did not commit a turnover for the second straight game and the sixth time this season.
- The Mocs had a four-play 98-yard scoring drive that ended with a 67-yard TD pass from Jacob Huesman to Terrell Robinson. It capped off the longest drive - in terms of yards - in the Huesman era. It was the second 98-yard drive of the season (at Western Carolina).
- Chattanooga was 3-3 in the red zone today. Team is 29 of 31 in the red zone, 93.6%, over last eight games after scoring 66.7% (10-15) of the time in the first three.
Davis Tull (So. - DE)
- 4 tackles with 2.5 sacks on the afternoon.
- Set the UTC single-season sack record with 12.5 passing Josh Beard (2009) and Tyler Unzincker (2001). Tied for ninth in SoCon history with Ameet Pall of Wofford (2010).
- Set the UTC single-season tackles for loss mark with 19.0 besting the trio of Unzincker (2001), Kenny Sanders (1998) and Joseph Thornton (2007).
Jacob Huesman (Fr. - QB)
- Threw for 234 yards (13-25-0) and ran for another 109 (21 carries)...two passing touchdowns and one rushing.
- His 1,712 passing yards this season is a UTC freshman record topping Kenyon Earl's 1,643 in 1991.
- 904 rushing yards this season is the most in school history by a QB.
- Seventh rushing TD of the season...ties James Roberts (1989) for UTC freshman record.
- 13 passing TDs ties freshman record with Earl.
- 55-yard completion to Tommy Hudson in the first quarter is the longest of the season...first 40+ yard pass play not complete to Terrell Robinson.
- Ran out the clock in the fourth quarter. Mocs took over on own 25 after Elon made it a one score game with 5:03 to go. Huesman ran eight times for 46 yards to seal the win.
Terrell Robinson (So. - QB)
- Career-high 124 yards receiving on four catches.
- Tied career-best with two receiving touchdowns.
- TDs came on consecutive drives from 13 and 67 yards.
Russ Huesman - 4 years at UTC
- 23-21 overall. 23 wins in four years after Mocs won 22 in previous eight.
- 17-15 in SoCon action. 17 league wins in four campaigns in one fewer than the 18 accumulated over the prior nine.
- 2-2 against Elon
- 12-8 in Finley Stadium
Tommy Hudson (So. - WR)
- 4 catches for career-high 80 yards.
- Career-long 55-yard catch in the first quarter.
- Had 10 catches for 153 yards in last two games after 21 for 149 in first nine.
Nick Pollard (So. - P)
- Five of six punts were downed inside 15 yard line, two inside 10.
- Averaged 43.2 yards per his six punts.
- Average field position for Elon after a Pollard punt was the 15 yard line.
Chaz Moore (Jr. - DB)
- Recovered blocked kick and returned it 36 yards.