Chattanooga at Alabama
Dec. 8, 2012
- Chattanooga posted a 72-58 win at Alabama to improve to 7-1 on the season (2-0 SoCon). Alabama falls to 5-2 overall.
- Lady Mocs even the all-time record with the Tide at 5-5...it is the second-straight win in the series for UTC after a 62-34 win at home on Dec. 15, 2007...UTC is 2-1 all-time at Alabama.
- Couple this with the season-opening 80-71 win over No. 20 Tennessee at UTC has defeated two SEC teams in one season for the first time since beating Florida (80-55) and Mississippi State (72-62) in 1982-83.
- The last time the Lady Mocs defeated an SEC team on the road was a 62-54 win at Mississippi State on Dec. 12, 1985.
- Chattanooga is 3-1 against Alabama in the Wes Moore era (since 1998-99).
- UTC's 7-1 record is the best start to the season since going 8-1 to being the 1999-00 campaign.
- Lady Mocs went up big at the break 72-58...UTC is now 5-0 on the year when leading at the half.
- Chattanooga dominated the glass, outrebounding Alabama 57-40...the 57 boards are a season-high for UTC...most boards by the Lady Mocs since grabbing 58 against Elon on Jan. 30, 2010.
- UTC was 10-25 (40.0%) from 3-pt. range...it is the third time this season the Lady Mocs made 10+ threes...UTC came into the game leading the SoCon with 7.1 threes/game.
- Chattanooga committed a season-high 22 turnovers.
- Five Lady Mocs scored in double figures for the first time this season - Dewart (19), Hall (14), Lambert (13), Towns (11), Christopher (10).
- Alabama never led in the game...scored was tied at seven with 16:47 in the first half before UTC went on a 19-3 run to control the game.
- Tide cut the second-half lead to seven (52-45) on a pair of FTs by Briana Hutchen with 9:26 left in the game...Lady Mocs responded with seven straight points over the next three minutes to take control of the game.
Alex Black (Jr. - G)
- Tied a career-high with a team-high five assists.
- Tied a season-high with six boards.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- First career double-double with 10 points and game-high-tying 10 boards.
- Third time in her career with 10+ boards.
- Shot 3-7 from 3-pt. range and 1-2 from the FT line.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- Team-high 19 points on 9-13 shooting and 1-4 from the FT line.
- Added eight boards.
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- 14 points on 6-11 shooting, 1-5 from 3-pt. range and 1-1 from the FT line.
- Added seven boards.
Kylie Lambert (Sr. - G)
- 13 points on 4-15 shooting, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- Added nine boards.
Ka'Vonne Towns (So. - G)
- Tied a career-high with 11 points off the bench.
- Went 4-5 form the field and 3-3 from 3-pt. range.
- Tied a career-high with four assists.
- Tied a career-high with three 3-pt. FGs.