Chattanooga vs. Colorado State
Waikiki Beach Rainbow Wahine Tournament
Stan Sheriff Center - Honolulu, Hawai’i
Sunday - Dec. 1, 2013
- Chattanooga snapped a two-game losing streak with a 59-57 win over Colorado State in the Rainbow Wahine Tournament today … UTC improves to 5-3 overall while the Rams dropped to 4-3.
- Freshman Chelsey Shumpert hit two FTs with 2 seconds left to break a 57 all tie and secure the win.
- Mocs trailed by as many as 14 (46-32) in the second half (13:32).
- UTC was down 10 (53-43) at the 7:28 mark before going on an 11-1 run over the next four minutes to tie the game at 54 on an Alex Black jumper with 3:17 left.
- Taylor Hall gave the Mocs their first lead of the game 57-56 on an and-1 with 1:20 left in the game.
- Freshmen scored the first 20 points of the second half, including eight in a row by Jasmine Joyner … freshmen accounted for 25 of the 33 total points in the second half.
- Chattanooga had one assist on nine field goals in the first half…10 assists on 13 makes in the second frame.
- UTC’s bench outscored CSU 33-8.
- Colorado State did not score a field goal over the last 2:49 of the game.
- UTC forced the Rams to shoot 3-9 from the field with five turnovers in the last 10 minutes of the game.
- UTC only scored two points in the paint in the first half…14 in the second.
- 3-pt. FG attempts – 27.
- CSU’s eight 3-pt. FGS made are the most against UTC this season…same for the Rams’ 18 attempts.
- Free throws made – 8.
- Free throws attempted – 11.
- Turnovers – 6.
- Fouls – 10.
- CSU’s 11 fouls were the fewest by an opponent this season.
Alex Black – Sr.-G
- Fouled out for the first time in her career.
- Scored four points in her first start of the season.
- Two assists and no turnovers in 19 minutes.
Taylor Hall – Sr.-F
- Third straight double-double with 10 points and a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Fourth double-double of the season…12th of her career.
- Played 40 minutes for the third day in a row.
- Added three assists, two blocks and two steals.
- Averaged 13.7 ppg and 13.0 rpg in three games of the tournament.
Whitney Hartlage – Fr.-G
- Hit her first career 3-pt. FG in the second half.
- Three points in six minutes off the bench.
Moses Johnson – Fr.-F
- Career-high 10 points in 15 minutes off the bench…14 minutes and all stats were in the second half.
- Had only played in one other game this season.
- Shot 4-8 from the field, 2-3 from 3-pt. range.
- Added six boards and a block.
Jasmine Joyner – Fr.-F
- 10 points in 14 minutes off the bench.
- First points of the season.
- Added three boards and two blocks…both career highs.
Alicia Payne – So.-G
- Scored six points on 2-4 shooting from 3-pt. range.
- Second time in her career with two 3-pt. FGs.
- Most attempts from behind the arc in her career.
Chelsey Shumpert – Fr.-G
- Scored eight points and three assists in her first career start.
- No turnovers in 24 minutes at the point … two turnovers in 62 minutes of play this season.