General Tailgating Guidelines for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga does not sanction the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages by underage persons; nor does it sanction the violation of federal, state, or local law.
- Individuals attending University of Tennessee at Chattanooga athletics events on and off campus or are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Persons acting in a disruptive, disrespectful or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or be subject to citation or other penalties.
- Inappropriate behavior may result in the permanent loss of all ticketing, parking and tailgating privileges.
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is not responsible or liable for accidents, damage, loss or theft of materials/items/personal property left overnight.
Tailgating Areas, Locations, and Times
- Unless otherwise designated, site setup may begin no earlier than 9 a.m. the day of the event.
- No overnight occupancy is allowed in tailgating areas. Site must be vacated by midnight on "set-up day." Finley Stadium staff may begin cleaning of Pavilion as early as 5 hours after kickoff. Tailgating sites must be cleared and cleaned by midnight or 3 hours after the game, whichever is later.
- Driving or parking private vehicles on green spaces and sidewalks is prohibited.
- Tents or canopies may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways.
- Tailgating is allowed inside the First Tennessee Pavilion only in spaces designated by the UTC Athletics Department.
- Tailgating areas are reserved for fans, recognized student organizations, and university departments.
Consumption of Alcohol
- Individuals are responsible for compliance with all local and state laws governing alcohol consumption.
- Alcohol consumption will not be permitted in any public areas inside the First Tennessee Pavilion or Finley Stadium in conjunction with UTC Athletics events.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs) are prohibited.
- Any participant who consumes alcoholic beverages must be able to produce a valid driver's license or other photo ID that reflects the person's age.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages on any part of the campus or on public streets that run through or are adjacent to the campus is prohibited.
- For the safety of fans, consumption of alcoholic beverages may begin no more than 3 hours before the starting time of the event.
Consumption and Preparation of Food
- No food may be sold without proper University permit (provided by Food Services and/or Athletics).
- Propane and charcoal grills are the only permissible sources of heat for cooking. Hot coals must be completely extinguished with water prior to leaving the tailgating site.
- Fires built on the ground and open fire pit devices are prohibited
Pets and Trash
- Pets are not allowed in tailgating areas or on campus. Pets in permitted areas must be leashed at all times according to local leash laws. Clean up after your pet.
- Dispose of all trash in trash receptacles located in tailgating areas or pack it out. All groups and individuals participating in tailgating are responsible for proper disposal of their trash and other debris such as charcoal.
- Commercial activity or solicitations are not allowed on campus or on the facility grounds. Vendor spaces are available on game day through Mocs Sports Properties, the exclusive multimedia rights holder of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Athletics Department. For vendor opportunities, please contact Mocs Sports Properties at (423) 425-5800.
- No sales activities are allowed near Finley Stadium, including any/all tailgating areas, without permission from the Athletics Department. Only UTC Athletics or their designated representatives will be allowed to sell merchandise.
- The safety of each guest and that of staff is of utmost importance. In case of an emergency, please notify the nearest police officer, stadium official, or UTC staff member.
- Medical Services are available on the day of the game and are located outside the South Gate. Please contact inform the Medical Services as to where they are needed as necessary.