The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga men's tennis team ended its season with a 4-0 loss to the College of Charleston in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Tournament today. The Mocs were swept in doubles play and three singles matches to end the year with a 14-9 overall record.
Chattanooga started the day dropping a pair of 8-4 doubles matches at the College of Charleston Tennis Center. Juniors Manual Barroetavena (Buenos Aires, Argentina) and Jackson Tresnan (Apopka, Fla.) lost at No. 2 while juniors Ankit Chopra (Chandigrah, India) and Stephen Crofford (Franklin, Tenn.) fell at No. 3.
Barroetavena, Chopra and fellow junior Chris Smith (Johnson City, Tenn.) all lost in singles action as the Cougars completed the sweep. Chattanooga's 14 wins are the most for the program since 2007. After going 8-16 in 2011, UTC has now increased its win total in each of the last three years.
College of Charleston 4, Chattanooga 0
1. Mickael Trintignac/Kyle Parker (COFC) vs. Roberto Vieira/Chris Smith (UTC) - 6-7, unfinished
2. Tom Delme/Billy Kenny (COFC) def. Manuel Barroetavena/Jackson Tresnan (UTC) - 8-4
3. Stephen Hardy/Alon Faimon (COFC) def. Ankit Chopra/Stephen Crofford (UTC) - 8-4
1. Mickael Trintignac (COFC) vs. Roberto Vieira (UTC) - 7-6, 1-0, unfinished
2. Tom Delme (COFC) def. Manuel Barroetavena (UTC) - 6-3, 6-4
3. Kyle Parker (COFC) def. Chris Smith (UTC) - 6-0, 6-2
4. Crescente Lesser (COFC) def. Ankit Chopra (UTC) - 7-6 (7-4), 6-4
5. Alon Faimon (COFC) vs. Jackson Tresnan (UTC) - 6-1, 2-6, 2-2, unfinished
6. Billy Kenny (COFC) vs. Pavels Grigorjevs (UTC) - 4-6, 6-4, 4-1, unfinished