Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball
No. 20 Tennessee at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Friday - Nov. 9, 2012
- The Lady Mocs scored one of their biggest wins in school history with an 80-71 victory over No. 20 Tennessee tonight. It was the season opener for both teams.
- It is the first regular season win over a ranked team in the Wes Moore era.
- The 8,468 in attendance is the third largest crowd in school history.
- It was the 14th straight win for UTC at home...Lady Mocs were 13-0 in 2011-12.
- UTC was 0-18 against Tennessee in the Division I era coming into tonight's game...0-6 at home.
- Lady Mocs are 180-43 (.807) in McKenzie Arena.
- UTC hit six of its first seven shots of the second half.
- UTC held the lead for the last 24 minutes of the game.
- Lady Mocs made eight straight FTs in the final minute to seal the win.
- Tennessee was forced into 26 turnovers on the night...The Lady Vols only had six assists.
- Lady Mocs only turned the ball over 13 times and had 17 assists...UTC only had four turnovers in the second half.
- UTC scored 27 points off turnovers, compared to just seven by Tennessee.
- Tennessee outrebounded UTC 53-31, including 22-8 on the offensive end...despite this gap, Tennessee barely held an advantage in second-chance points 13-12.
- Chattanooga shot 56.3% (18-32) from the field in the second half.
Junior Alex Black
- 14 points on 4-10 shooting, 2-4 from 3-pt. range and 4-6 from the FT line.
- One point shy of a career-high.
- Tied a career-high in 3-pt. FGs made.
Senior Kayla Christopher
- 11 points on 3-8 shooting, 1-3 from 3-pt. range and 4-4 from the FT line.
Junior Ashlen Dewart
- 10 points on 5-7 shooting.
Junior Taylor Hall
- Tied a career-high with a game-high 24 points.
- Shot 9-12 from the field, 3-5 from 3-pt. range and 3-5 from the FT line.
- Added nine boards, five assists, three blocks and four steals.
- Career-high in assists and steals.
- Tied a career-high in blocks.