Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Tennessee Temple at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Monday - Nov. 12, 2012
- The Mocs opened the season with an 88-53 win over cross-town for Tennessee Temple tonight. There is just 2.4 miles between the two home courts.
- UTC improves to 26-10 in season openers in the DI era.
- The Mocs improved to 9-0 over TTU, including 3-0 under head coach John Shulman.
- Freshman Gee McGhee and Casey Jones started at the off guards tonight. It is the first time in the DI era that the Mocs have had two freshmen starters in the lineup on opening night. Josh Odem was the last freshman to start his first game (2010).
- The Mocs opened the season without a junior college player on the roster for the time in the DI era.
-The Mocs forced the Crusaders into 35 turnovers...UTC outscored TTU 44-9 in points off turnovers.
- Chattanooga recorded 23 steals in the game, a new school record...breaks the 21 last season against Warren Wilson (11/21/11).
Farad Cobb (Fr. - G)
- Set a UTC freshman single game record with six steals.
- Previous record of four was held by seven players, including Ronrico White (Hiwassee 12/11/12) and assistant coach Casey Long (King 12/13/03).
- Finished with eight points on 3-11 shooting, 1-5 from 3-pt. range.
Z. Mason (Jr. - F)
- Game-high 16 points on 7-12 shooting, 2-3 from the FT line.
- Added five boards.
John Shulman - Head Coach (10th year)
- 133-127 (.512) overall.
- 93-36 (.721) in McKenzie Arena.
Drazen Zlovaric (Sr. - F)
- 11 points on 3-8 shooting, 5-8 from the FT line.
- Game-high eight rebounds.