Chattanooga Wrestling Postmatch Quotes
Iowa & Cumberland at Chattanooga
Maclellan Gym - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Friday - Nov. 16, 2012
- The Mocs moved to 3-2 with a 49-0 shutout of Cumberland and a 37-6 loss to No. 2 Iowa in Maclellan Gym tonight.
- There was a sellout crowd of 2,639 in Maclellan Gym. It is the largest crowd for a home wrestling dual meet on record. The last time UTC draw over 1,000 fans for a dual match in Maclellan Gym was Feb. 1, 2009, when No. 2 Cornell defeated UTC 32-7.
- The Mocs move to 13-6 at home in the Heath Eslinger era.
- The shutout over Cumberland was the second in the last five matches for UTC. The Mocs also blanked VMI 41-0 in the 2012 regular season finale on Feb. 20.
- UTC's 49 points against Cumberland are the most since a 58-0 win over the Bulldogs on Jan. 28, 2006.
Niko Brown (Sr. - 197)
- Went 2-0 with a pin and a decision.
- Now 14-1 on the year.
- Has won eight-straight matches.
Alex Hudson (Jr. - 149)
- Impressive 2-0 record on the night.
- Now 4-3 on the season.
Dean Pavlou (Sr. - 141)
- Split his matches to move to 11-4 on the year.
- All four of his matches are to wrestlers currently ranked in the top-20 in the nation.
Nick Soto (So. - 125)
- Went 1-1, both pins.
- Lost to No. 1 and defending NCAA Champion Matt McDonough.
- Moves to 10-3 on the year.
- Two of his three losses are to top-10 opponents.