Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Wofford at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Nov. 29, 2012
- The Lady Mocs improve to 5-1 overall with a 68-54 win over Wofford in the SoCon opener for both teams. The Terriers fall to 4-2 overall.
- UTC has won 16-straight home games.
- Chattanooga improves to 36-2 all-time against Wofford, including 31-straight wins. The Lady Mocs are 18-0 at home all-time against the Terriers.
- UTC is off to its best start since winning six of its first seven in the 2002-03 season.
- The Lady Mocs are 14-1 in SoCon openers in the Wes Moore era (since 1998-99).
- UTC tied a season-high with 27 FT attempts, but shot just 51.9% (14-27) from the line.
- The Lady Mocs tied a season-high with 16 turnovers.
- Chattanooga was just 4-15 (26.7%) from 3-pt. range. UTC came into the game leading the SoCon in 3-pt. FG% (37.2%) and 3-pt. FGs per game (8.4).
- UTC only hit five of its first 18 shots in the second half before connecting on six of its last 11 attempts down the stretch.
- UTC held Wofford to a season-low 31 rebounds while grabbing 50 of its own.
- Lady Mocs dominated the offensive glass (21-8), leading to a 20-6 advantage in second-chance points.
- UTC led by 11 early in the second half (43-32) after a three-pointer by Kayla Christopher at the 16:35 mark...Wofford cut the lead to three (53-50) on a three by Jordan Frazier with 5:51 left. UTC outscored the Terriers 15-4 the rest of the way.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- 16 points on 5-10 shooting, 2-5 from 3-pt. range and 4-4 from the FT line.
- 12-12 from the FT line this season.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- UTC career-best 29 points...most by a Lady Moc this season.
- Most points by a Lady Moc since Kayla Christopher had 30 against Furman on Jan. 4, 2011.
- Shot 12-22 from the field and 5-10 from the FT line.
- Double-double with a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Most rebounds this season.
- Most boards by a Lady Moc this season.
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- Five points and eight rebounds.
- Tied a career-high with five assists.
- Tied a career-high with four steals.