Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Davidson at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Dec. 1, 2012
- UTC falls to Davidson (81-55) in the SoCon opener for both teams...Mocs are 2-5 overall while Davidson improves to 4-3.
- Davidson's 81 points are the most allowed by UTC this season.
- UTC's 55 points tie for the fewest this season.
- Chattanooga shot a season-low 30.0% (15-50) from the field.
- UTC only turned the ball over 12 times, the second-fewest miscues on the year (10 vs. SEMO on Nov. 18).
- Davidson's bench outscored Chattanooga 33-8.
- There were only two fast break points scored in the entire game (UTC 2-0).
- The Mocs drop to 20-16 in SoCon openers and 15-7 when opening at home.
- UTC still leads the all-time series with Davidson 32-24 and 17-7 at home.
- Chattanooga had 12 offensive rebounds tonight...7th consecutive game with 12 or more...most since eight in 2010-11 (Dec. 30-Jan. 15).
- Both teams grabbed 37 rebounds...2nd game this season that the Mocs have not out-rebounded their opponent...came into tonight averaging 11.7 more rebounds per game than opponents.
Gee McGhee (Fr. - G)
- Team-high 15 points.
- 3rd straight game in double figures.
- Shot 3-15 from the field, 2-7 from 2-pt. range and 7-8 from the FT line.
- Tied for team-high with six boards, a season high.
- Added three assists (tied season high) and two steals.
Z. Mason (Jr. - F)
- 14 points on 6-10 shooting, 2-5 from the FT line.
- Tied for team-high with six boards.
- 5th double digit scoing game of season, ninth career.