Chattanooga Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Mercer at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Sunday - Dec. 16, 2012
- The Mocs dropped a 63-53 non-conference matchup to Mercer tonight. UTC falls to 2-8 on the year while Mercer improves to 6-5.
- Chattanooga led 10-5 after a layup by Z. Mason at the 16:48 mark in the first half. Mercer then went on a 19-0 run to take a 24-10 lead. The Mocs went 0-10 during the streak that lasted until a Gee McGhee jumper at the 8:06 mark.
- McGhee and Mason combined for 10-21 (47.6%) shooting from the field, 3-9 (33.3%) from 3-pt. range...rest of the team was 8-33 (24.2%) and 4-17 (23.5%) from behind the arc.
- Mercer led by as many as 16 in the second half (41-25 at 15:26). Mocs went on a 10-0 run over the next two minutes to cut the lead to 41-35...freshman Alex Bran scored eight of the 10 in that stretch.
- Mercer led by 14 (53-39) at the 8:26 mark, but UTC cut the lead to six again (59-53) following a pair of FTs by Ronrico White with 1:37 left in the game.
- Mocs took a season-high 26 3-pt. FG attempts...made seven (26.9%).
- UTC had a season-high 14 assists on 18 baskets.
- Chattanooga committed a season-low 13 fouls.
- Ronrico White's five assists are tied for the most by a Moc this season.
Alex Bran (Fr. - G)
- Provided a season-half spark off the bench with eight points in a two minute stretch.
- First career points.
- Went 2-3 from the field, 2-2 from 3-pt range and 2-2 from the FT line.
- Played six minutes.
Martynas Bareika (So. - G)
- Career-high seven rebounds.
- Added three points on 1-4 shooting, 1-3 from 3-pt. range.
- Career-high three assists.
- Career-high 24 minutes off the bench.
Z. Mason (Jr. - F)
- Team-high 13 points.
- Shot 5-10 from the field, 1-3 from 3-pt. range and 2-4 from the FT line.
- Tied for game-high with eight boards.
- Added three blocks.
- 13-24 (54.2%) from the field and 4-9 (44.4%) from 3-pt. range last two games.
- Five straight games with a block...11 total in that stretch.
- Seventh game in double figures scoring.
Gee McGhee (Fr. - G)
- 12 points...all in the first half.
- 5-11 shooting, 2-6 from 3-pt. range.
- Sixth game scoring in double figures.