Chattanooga Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Chattanooga at Georgia Tech
McCamish Pavilion - Atlanta, Ga. - Jan. 2, 2013
- Chattanooga dropped a hard-fought 74-58 decision at Georgia Tech...UTC is now 5-9, while the Yellow Jackets are 10-2.
- Mocs are now 2-15 vs. Georgia Tech...0-7 since the move to DI in 1977-78...third meeting in the last four seasons between the two schools.
- Head Coach John Shulman is 137-136 in his ninth season...0-3 against Tech
- 1st of four in a row on the road for Chattanooga...we've played just three road games all season.
- Mid-range jump shot by Farad Cobb put UTC up 17-10 with 8:48 left in half...team went 6:08 without a FG before Ronrico White buried a trey from the left corner ending 13-3 Tech run.
- Trailed 28-23 at the half...Mocs are 1-8 this year when behind at the break.
- Cobb's three-pointer to open second half closed the score to 28-26...Tech out-scored us 32-16 over the next 13:43.
- UTC was beaten on the glass by season-high 17 (42-25)...former high margin for an opponent was +13 (High Point)...25 boards is a season low (29 vs. Eastern Kentucky).
- 21 second chance points are a season high against the Mocs (16 by Utah Valley)...16 offensive rebounds by Yellow Jackets is a season high for an opponent (15 at KU & at LSU).
- Georgia Tech shot 47.4 percent from the field for the game...34.5% in first half, 60.7% after intermission.
Freshman guard Farad Cobb
- 14 points with a career-high four assists with zero turnovers.
- 3rd game this season in double digits...high is 21 at Kansas.
- Shot 4-7 FG, 2-5 3pt and 4-4 FT.
- 3pt early in second half snapped an 0-30 stretch from beyond the arc.
Junior forward Z. Mason
- Mired in foul trouble...scored 14 points with a season low one rebound.
- 10th time in double digits this season, 14th time in nearly two-year career.
Junior forward Sam Watson
- Tied career high with two blocks...previous time was against UNCG on January 11, 2010.
Senior forward Drazen Zlovaric
- 10 points on 4-9 FG, 2-4 FT.
- 27th time in double figures, 8th in 2012-13.
- Team-high six rebounds.