Chattanooga Basketball Postgame Notes
Western Carolina at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Saturday - Jan. 19, 2013
- The Mocs dropped a 90-81 contest against Western Carolina tonight...UTC falls to 8-11 overall and 3-3 in SoCon action...WCU improves to 8-11 and 5-2 in league play.
- This is just the third win in 37 trips to Chattanooga for the Catamounts.
- UTC tried to overcome a double-digit second-half deficit for the third time in the last four games...trailed by 16 (62-46) with 16:00 left to play, but cut the lead down to four (84-78) with 1:21 left in the game.
- Western Carolina shot a sizzling 54.5% (12-22) from 3-pt. range.
- WCU's 90 points are the most allowed by UTC this season.
- Western Carolina had a season-high 23 assists on 31 baskets...most assists by a UTC opponent this season.
- With the game tied at 36 with 4:29 left in the first, WCU closed the half on a 12-3 run to go into the locker room leading 48-39.
- The Mocs went 25-36 (69.4%) from the FT line tonight...season highs for makes and attempts against a Division I opponent.
- Western Carolina made eight of its first 10 shots from the field, including 6-7 from 3-pt. range.
- Nine different Mocs scored in the first 13 minutes of the game.
- Chattanooga's bench had 20 points tonight...UTC has gotten at least 20 points (20, 31, 29) off the bench in each of the last three games.
Dontay Hampton (Sr. - G)
- Played with a broken bone in his shooting hand he suffered against Appalachian State on Thursday.
- Nine points on 2-8 shooting, 1-5 from 3-pt. range and 4-4 from the FT line.
- Season-high six rebounds.
Z. Mason (Jr. - F)
- Game-high 21 points.
- Fourth 20+ scoring night this season...second game in a row.
- 6-9 shooting, 8-10 from the FT line and 1-2 from 3-pt. range.
- Added six boards.
Gee McGhee (Fr. - G)
- Tied a season-high with 19 points.
- 10th double-digit game of the season.
- Shot 6-13 from the field, 2-6 from 3-pt. range and 5-7 from the FT line.
- Added four boards, two assists and two steals.
Ronrico White (So. - G)
- Nine points, team-high five assists and two steals.