Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
Appalachian State vs. Chattanooga
Southern Conference Tournament Semifinals
U.S. Cellular Center - Asheville, N.C.
Sunday - March 10, 2013
- Top-seeded Chattanooga advanced to the finals of the SoCon Tournament for a league-leading 14th time with a 72-67 win over No. 4 Appalachian State today.
- Lady Mocs improve to 28-3 overall while the Mountaineers drop to 20-10.
- UTC has won 18-straight games...fourth longest winning streak in school history...seventh longest current streak in the nation.
- UTC posts 28 wins for the third time in school history...all three in the Wes Moore era...school record is 29 set in 2003-04 and tied in 2007-08.
- Lady Mocs are 7-5 in the SoCon Tournament all-time vs. ASU, including last year's 77-52 loss in the semifinals.
- Chattanooga is back in the finals for the first time since winning in 2009-10.
- Lady Mocs led by two at the break 30-28...23-1 when leading at half.
- UTC won the battled on the boards 35-32...21-0 when outrebounding its opponent.
- Chattanooga is 14-0 when scoring 70+ points this season.
- Lady Mocs were 22-27 from the FT line...most made and attempted this season...16-18 (88.9%) in the second half.
- ASU tied a season-low with 14 turnovers...Lady Mocs converted those into 13 points...compared to eight points on 11 miscues for ASU.
- This game featured 16 ties and 12 lead changes.
- The Mountaineers led by five with 5:31 left in the game...UTC used a 10-2 run over the next two minutes to take control.
- UTC did not score a field goal in the final 2:36...instead went 7-8 from the FT line.
- First two games, Chattanooga held ASU to 36.2% (21-58) and 27.9% (17-61) shooting from the floor...the Mountaineers were 26-60 (43.3%) from the field today.
- ASU started the game 4-8 from 3-pt. range...only made one of last five attempts.
- UTC's bench was just 4-12 from the field for 11 points...ASU's three subs scored 14 points on 6-12 shooting, 2-2 from 3-pt. range.
Alex Black (Jr. - G)
- 11 points on 3-9 shooting, 2-6 from 3-pt. range and 3-3 from the FT line.
- 5-11 from behind the arc in the Tournament.
- 24 points in first two games of the tourney.
- Scored her 400th career point...now has 407.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- Nine points on 4-8 shooting, 1-2 from the FT line.
- Tied a season-high with three steals.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- 16 points on 6-9 shooting, 4-4 from the FT line.
- Tied for team-high with eight boards.
Taylor Hall (Jr. - F)
- Team-high 17 points.
- First time leading the team in scoring since getting 15 vs. Appalachian State on Jan. 26.
- 11-11 from the FT line...all in the second half.
- Second most FTs made without a miss in a game in school history.
- Career-high for FTs made and attempted.
- Most FTs made by a Lady Mocs this season.
- 3-9 from the field.
- 12th time in double-figures this season...three times with 10+ points vs. Appalachian State.
- Tied for game-high with eight boards.
- 30-6 SoCon Tournament Record...15th season.
- Eight Time SoCon Tournament Champion.
- 357-112 (15th Year at UTC).
- 557-168 (24th Year Overall).