CHARLESTON, S.C. --- Peter Sauska and Sam Parfitt each tallied wins for the Mocs who fell 5-2 to the College of Chalreston Thursday afternoon at the Tennis Center at Patriots Point in Charleston, S.C.
Sauska posted a 7-5, 6-2 win over Lukas Koncilia to improve his overall record to 5-7 at the top spot while Parfitt, making a return to action following a brief illness, downed Victor Wilbreus 6-3, 6-2 at the No. 6 position.
The Mocs Sauska and Pavel Vostrikov defeated Koncilia and Tom Delme 8-6 at the No. 1 doubles position, but the Cougars claimed the point with wins at Nos. 2 and 3.
The Mocs fall to 1-11 overall and are still looking for a Southern Conference win through five matches. The Cougars improve to 3-6 overall and win their league opener.
Chattanooga will step out of conference play to host Tennessee Tech on Wednesday, March 18 at the Champions Club along with the women’s team. The match is slated to begin at 2 p.m.
College of Charleston 5, Chattanooga 2
Mar 12, 2009 at Mt. Pleasant, S.C. (Tennis Center at Patriots Point)
1. Peter Sauska (UTC-M) def. Lukas Koncilia (COFCM) 7-5, 6-2
2. Tom Delme (COFCM) def. Pavel Vostrikov (UTC-M) 6-1, 7-6
3. Mickael Boyer (COFCM) def. Alex Butnarcuic (UTC-M) 6-3, 6-2
4. Mickael Trintignac (COFCM) def. Dakota Pate (UTC-M) 6-2, 6-0
5. Joe Nicolazzi (COFCM) def. R. van de Bovenkamp (UTC-M) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
6. Sam Parfitt (UTC-M) def. Victor Wibreus (COFCM) 6-3, 6-2
1. Peter Sauska/Pavel Vostrikov (UTC-M) def. Tom Delme/Lukas Koncilia (COFCM) 8-6
2. Omer Abramovich/Steven Myers (COFCM) def. Alex Butnarcuic/Sam Parfitt (UTC-M) 8-1
3. Mickael Boyer/Mickael Trintignac (COFCM) def. R. van de Bovenkamp/Dakota Pate (UTC-M) 8-3
Chattanooga 1-11, 0-5 SoCon
College of Charleston 3-6, 1-0 SoCon