Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball Postgame Notes
UNCG at Chattanooga
McKenzie Arena - Chattanooga, Tenn.
Monday - Feb. 11, 2013
- The Lady Mocs improve to 21-3 overall and 14-1 in the SoCon with a 74-68 win over UNCG tonight. The Spartans drop to 15-18 overall and 2-12 in league action.
- UTC's 11th straight win...last loss was 70-60 (OT) at Elon on Jan. 7.
- Lady Mocs trailed at the half (32-31) for just the fifth time this season...UTC is 3-2 when behind at the break.
- Chattanooga is 11-0 at home this season, extending its home-winning streak to 24 games with tonight's win...Lady Mocs' longest winning streak in McKenzie Arena was 25 games from Dec. 4, 2004, through November 10, 2006.
- Lady Mocs bench outscored UNCG 17-3...UTC's reserves have outscored its opponents' second unit 48-11 last two games.
- Offensive rebounding was a big factor in tonight's game...Lady Mocs turned 19 offensive boards into 19 second-chance points...UNCG had nine offensive rebounds and nine second chance points.
- Chattanooga dominated the glass outrebounding UNCG 42-23. UTC is 15-0 this season when outrebounding its opponent.
- Tonight was head coach Wes Moore's 350th win at UTC and the 550th of his career.
- Trailing 50-48 with 10:02 left in the game, UTC senior Kayla Christopher hit three-straight threes to spark a 14-0 run that took control of the game...UNCG did not score a point for five minutes during that stretch.
- UTC had a season-high 21 assists in the game.
- UNCG's Jessica Collins came into the game averaging 5.3 ppg...she had 16 at the half on 6-7 shooting and 4-4 from 3-pt. range...held to five points in the second, finishing with 21 on 8-12 shooting and 5-6 from 3-pt range...most threes allowed to an individual by UTC this season.
- UTC shot 49.2% (30-61) from the floor...best mark since hitting 51.5% (34-66) at UNCG on Jan. 5.
- Lady Mocs are 10-0 when scoring 70+ points.
Kayla Christopher (Sr. - G)
- Team-high 20 points.
- Shot 7-13 from the floor, 5-10 from 3-pt. range and 1-2 from the FT line.
- Added three rebounds and five assists.
- Has 11 assists and two turnovers last two games.
- Has 216 career 3-pt. FGs...tied for second all-time at UTC and third in the SoCon with Katasha Brown (2002-06).
- Has 1,254 career points...passes Tammy Dowdell (1992-94) for No. 16 on the Lady Mocs' all-time scoring list.
Ashlen Dewart (Jr. - F)
- 19 points on 9-14 shooting, 1-3 from the FT line.
- Game-high 10 rebounds.
- Fourth double-double of the season.
Tatianna Jackson (Fr. - G)
- 11 points in her first career start.
- 4-8 from the field and 3-3 from the FT line.
- Career-high 31 minutes.
- Third-straight game in double-figures...fifth overall.
- 11.7 ppg game last three outings...5.6 ppg on the year.
- 25-40 (60.0%) from the field last seven games.
Faith Dupree (Jr. - F)
- 10 points in 12 minutes off the bench.
- 5-8 shooting.
- Has 21 points in 19 minutes off the bench last two games.
- 350-112 at UTC (15 seasons)
- 550-167 overall (24 seasons)
- 13th 20 win season in 15 years at UTC.
Alicia Payne (Fr. - G)
- Season-high three points on 1-4 shooting, 1-3 from 3-pt. range.
- First three-pointer of the season...snapped an 0-13 slump from behind the arc.
- Career-high four steals.
- Added four assists.